1 Features Triple G Resist reinforced construction to resist shocks, centrifugal force and vibrations
2 Equipped with a Triple Sensor for determining compass bearing, atmospheric pressure/altitude, and temperature.
The new G-SHOCK GWG-1000 was designed for deserts, mud, and other tough environments, and it is packed with features that deliver the toughness needed for use in harsh land environments.
In addition to offering shock resistance, the watch is constructed for mud resistance and is ready to withstand working amid mud and rubble. The buttons are protected against the entry of mud, to ensure that essential functions are available at all times. The watch offers vibration resistance to withstand vibration from rough road drive or other heavy duty operations. These features give the watch toughness that the user can depend on in various challenging situations.
The new watch has a compass bearing readout to help users pinpoint the right direction and a barometer which is useful for predicting changes in weather. These readings enable the wearer to quickly assess natural conditions.
The watch design features large hour and minute hands with large index marks and a front button, expressing the toughness of
G-SHOCK watches while offering practical readability and enhanced functionality.
• Multi-Band Atomic Timekeeping (US, UK, Germany, Japan, China)
• Receives time calibration radio signals which keep the displayed time accurate
• Auto receive function (up to 6 times per day/up to 5 times per day for China)
• Manual receive function
• Signal: US WWVB, UK MSF, Germany DCF77, Japan JJY40/JJY60, China BPC
• Frequency: US 60kHz, UK 60kHz, Germany 77.5kHz, Japan 40/60kHz, BPC 68.5kHz
• Tough Solar Power
• Shock Resistant
• Mud Resistant
• Buttons use cylendar type guard structure with gaskets for sfts and cylinders to prevent mud and dust from getting into the watch
• Vibration Resistant - Alpha Gel (R)
• Tough Movement
• Auto hand home position correction
• Smart Access Electronic Crown w/Quick-lock
• 200M Water Resistant
• Fly-back Function
• Hands move away from LCD screen during measurements
• Triple Sensor w/Direct Access Button
• Altimeter Measuring range: -700 to 10,000 m (-2,300 to 32,800 ft)Measuring unit: 1m (5ft)Hand indication of altitude differentialManual memory measurements: up to 30 records (each including altitude, date and time)Auto log data: High altitude, Low altitude, cumulative ascent, cumulative decent Others: Relative altitude reading (+/-100m to +/-1000M), selectable measurement interval (5-seconds or 2-minutes)
• Digital CompassMeasures and displays direction as one of 16 pointsMeasuring range: 0 to 359 degreesMeasuring unit: 1 degree60 seconds continuous measurementHand indication of NorthBidirectional calibrationMagnetic declination correction
• Barometer Display range: 260 to 1,100 hPa (7.65 to 32.45 inHg)Display unit: 1 hPa (0.05 inHg)Hand indication of pressure differentialAtmospheric pressure tendency graphAtmospheric pressure tendency information alarm (beep and arrow indicates significant change in pressure)
• Thermometer Display range: -10 to 60 C (14 to 140 F)Display unit: 0.1 C (0.2 F)Double LED lightLED light for the face (Full Auto LED Light, selectable illumination duration, Afterglow)LED Backlight for the digital display (Full Auto LED light selectable illumtion duration, afterglow)Neo-brite Luminous Hands and Markers
• World Time 29 time zones (29 cities + UTC), daylight saving on/off, home city/world time city swapping
• 5 Daily Alarms (4 one-time and 1 snooze alarm)
• Hourly Time Signal
• 1/100 Second Stopwatch w/Direct AccessMeasuring capacity: 23:59'59.99"Measuring modes: Elapsed time, split time, 1st-2nd place times
• Countdown TimerMeasuring unit: 1 secondCountdown range: 60 minutesCountdown start time setting range: 1 second to 60 minutes (1-minute increments)
• Full Auto Calendar (Pre-programmed until the year 2099) 12/24 Hour FormatsButton operation tone on/offAccuracy: +/- 15 seconds per month (with no signal calibration)
• Storage Battery: Solar Rechargeable BatteryBattery Level IndicatorPower Saving Function (display goes blank and hands stop to save power when left in the dark)Approx. Battery Life: 6 months on a rechargeable battery (operation perio with normal use without exposure to light after charge)25 months on rechargeable battery (operation when stored in total darkness with the power save function on after full charge)
• Module 5463
Size of case/total weight GWG1000 59.5 x 56.1 x 18.0mm / 119g
The ultimate tough watch - born from a developer's dream of "creating a watch that never breaks." Guided by a "Triple 10" development concept, the design teams sought a watch with 10-meter free-fall endurance, 10-bar water resistance and a 10-year battery life.
At a time when it was commonly believed that watches were breakable items, the development represented a challenge to common sense. The number of experimental prototypes built for endurance testing reached over 200. And the structural development and parts improvement took approximately two years. After a long, hard process of trial and error, the brand was finally launched. A shock resistant structure that overturned conventional thinking about watches was realized thorough breakthrough thinking, including the ideas of a hollow- structured case, all-directional protective covering and the use of cushioning material to protect critical parts.
These were the fruits of technological development that insisted on "toughness" and a revolution in watch design. Since its launched, it has continued to evolve for 30 long years, carrying on the toughness of spirit and uncompromising passion that led its developers to persist in their unshakable belief.
Posted by Unknown on Jan 27th 2017
I have been buying watches from Watches.com for several years...always excellent, from customer service, to delivery...easy returns, if needed.
Outstanding Customer Service.
Posted by Unknown on Jan 17th 2017
I had an unfortunate thing happen with the links for two of the watches I ordered (the issue was with Nixon, not with watches.com just to be absolutely clear) and after being left stranded by Nixon I contacted Angela with watches.com who fixed the problem and was friendly and courteous the entire time. I would have 100% been busying the rest of my watches from them due to her efforts alone but on top of their customer service being outstanding, the products arrived on time and looked absolutely gorgeous when unpacked. 5 stars doesn't do them justice.
Posted by Unknown on Mar 15th 2016
Excellent service. Product was as expected. Had to return however but pleased with their responsiveness.
Great selection of watches
Posted by Unknown on Feb 29th 2016
Great selection of watches, really good prices. Fast shipping is just as important to me when buying from someone. Watches.com has fast shipping, and good communications on that shipping. I would highly recommend watches.com to anyone who has a watch fetish. Thanks.
Great quailty and excellent price
Posted by Unknown on Dec 28th 2015
The price was so good that I was worried it would be something different than it appeared, but the watch was exactly what I had seen elsewhere for much more money. Great quality and excellent price. It was here lightening quick! I will definitely use watches.com again.